Saturday, July 07, 2012

Get Back Start Menu Functionality in Windows 8

(Video Tutorial Also at END of page) Windows 8 Release Preview, all fun, except removed Start Menu, and I want to launch Paint, but only way I found that go to Start Screen, and search for "Paint" there, and then I start, But Finally I fixed my Windows 8 to this.
Finally I made my Desktop to show Start Menu, as it should be show there, although it doesn't give functionality as that was in Windows 7/Vista, but at-least all my Shortcuts are here.
 I recently installed Microsoft Office 2007 Trial on my Windows 8, and found that all tiles are setup on Start Screen, but either I want all that to show up on my desktop, or start menu, unfortunately Start Menu is not there, so I have to show them on Desktop, but lots of Icons looks Weird, So I do this to get back start menu in Windows 8 without any third party tool, application, software. You need to download nothing to do this, else looking this (you even don't need to read, just look at images).

Step 1. Right Click on Taskbar, Go to Toolbars > New Toolbar...
Step 2. Type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu in folder Text Field, and press Select Folder
Step 3. Now you will get your Taskbar like this (Right Side View)
Step 4. We are almost done, now you just need to move this toolbar, to Left Most Side, Here is how to do that. Right Click on Taskbar and uncheck Lock The Taskbar.
Step 5. Now stretch this Dot Pattern before Start Menu to Left Most, and look at image to how to do further moves, it explains better.
Click on Image, for Large View (Better View)
Step 6. Repeat Step 4, This time Check that again.

Now its Done, you have all your Start Menu Shortcuts at a Single Place, I think Its Best Alternative for Start Menu in Windows 8.


Video Tutorial



Tags : Get Start Menu Back in Windows 8, Start menu in Windows 8, Start Orb in Windows 8, Start Screen Alternative for Windows 8, Windows 8 Guides, Windows 8 Start Menu, Start Menu in Windows 8,