Sunday, August 12, 2012

Windows 8 Network Data Counter


It's a new feature I just discovered in Windows 8 Release Preview, that unlike Windows previous releases it also includes a Bandwidth Counter by default. I've few Wi-Fi routers set-up in my Hostel, and mostly I uses two, I am to check which Wi-Fi router has been transferred how much data. Read more to know how to check it.
It's a Windows 8 brandly new feature, and yet there are much more secrets to reveal, as we continue to use it. It's releasing in October's Last this year, and RTM version is already released for manufactures, (And also leaks on Torrents (x64)). Some feature windows makes feel like its gonna rock, but there are also chances of its to flop, what will happen we will see.
So follow these steps to check you data usage router wise, I am not able to check it for Ethernet cable, but I'm sure it will work same there.

S1. Right Click on Networks Icon in System Tray.
S2. Right click on the router (or Adapter, whatever you call that), and select Show Estimated Data Usage.
S3. And its done a Single Click on that will show you estimated data transfer through that router. 

In next article I will tel about what is the option Metered Connection